Businesses that consider Polk County quickly discover that “it’s just easier here.” Everything from fast-track permitting, aggressive financing methods, business advocacy and creative problem solving are available to the right project. Bottom line – Polk County’s Economic Development Team can and will do what it takes to earn your company’s trust and investment.
- Single Point of Contact
- Property Tax Abatement – case by case
- Freeport Inventory Tax Exemptions – 100% on raw materials, goods in process of manufacture, and finished goods and held for less than 12 months and destined for shipment out of state
- Manufacturing Energy Sales Tax Exemption – Energy used by manufacturers is exempt from the 6% sales tax (4% state, 2% local)
- Fast-Track Permitting
- Creative Financing – through Industrial Revenue Bonds, Leaseback Agreements, PILOT Agreements
- Local Fee Waivers
- No Impact Fees
- Cities of Rockmart and Cedartown carry an ISO 3 fire rating
Workforce/Hiring/ Training Assistance
- Georgia Department of Labor (DOL) offers:
- Labor Market Information
- Onsite Business Centers
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Assistance with Tax Credits and Employment-related Laws
- Among a variety of other programs.
- Georgia's Quick Start Program, the internationally recognized customized workforce training as a state incentive at no cost to qualified companies.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College can provide customized training opportunities, as well as traditional programs of study.
- Polk County College & Career Academy is a public/private initiative designed to accommodate the workforce needs of business and industry, offering both internships and dual enrollment opportunities.
State Level Incentives
- Job Tax Credits – $4,000 per job each year for 5 years, minimum 2 qualifying jobs. A portion of unused credits may be used to offset payroll withholding expenses. (Polk County is a Tier 1 county)
- Port Job Tax Credit Bonus – $1,250 per job bonus added to the job tax credit for businesses with large increases in shipments out of a Georgia port
- Investment Tax Credit – 5%-8% of qualified capital investment; companies must choose either the investment tax credit or the job tax credit
- Childcare Tax Credit – up to 75% of the employer’s direct cost of providing or sponsoring childcare for employees, or 100% of the cost of purchasing or constructing a qualified childcare property for employees
- Manufacturing Machinery and Computer Sales Tax Exemptions –sales and use tax exemptions on qualified tangible personal property under certain specified conditions
- Quick Start Training – customized, world-class training for new and expanding industries and businesses, at no cost to qualifying businesses